Here is 1 recipe(s):
Sour Cream-Apple Pie
In this rich pie with an easy refrigerator pie crust and a speedy brown sugar and cinnamon crumble topping, sweetened sour cream swirls around slices of apple.
Serving Size: 1 Serving
Calories: 490; Carbohydrates: 64; Cholesterol: 55; Fat: 4 1/2; Fiber: 2; Protein: 5; Saturated Fat: 10; Serving Size: 1; Sodium: 310; Sugar: 42; Trans Fat: 0; Serving Size: 1
- 1 crust from 1 box (14. PillsburyTM Pie Crusts, 1 oz each, chilled; soften as directed on box.
- 1 1/4 cups sour cream
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 egg
- 6 cups 1/4-inch slices peeled baking apples
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Dash salt
- 3 tablespoons cold butter or margarine
- Heat oven to 400°F. As instructed on the box for the One-Crust Filled Pie, unroll the pie crust in a 9-inch glass pie plate. With a wire whisk, combine the sour cream, granulated sugar, flour, salt, vanilla, and egg in a large bowl. Stir in the apples. Pour into crust-lined pie plate.
- Bake 15 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 350°F; bake 30 minutes longer.
- Meanwhile, in medium bowl, mix all topping ingredients except butter. When the mixture resembles coarse crumbs, stir in the butter using a pastry blender or fork; chill until ready to use.
- Sprinkle topping over pie. Bake for an additional 20 to 25 minutes, or until the topping is golden. Cool completely on cooling rack, about 2 hours. Cover and refrigerate any remaining pie.
Sour Cream Apple Pie Crumble Recipe – LeGourmetTV
Does sour cream apple pie need refrigeration?
Which Baked Pies Need to Be Refrigerated? Pies with milk, cream, or eggs need to be chilled. This includes all types of milk and cream, regardless of their fat content, as well as buttermilk, sour cream, and cream cheese. Also, refrigerate pies containing evaporated or condensed milk products.
What is the difference between traditional apple pie and Dutch apple pie?
The top layer is the primary distinction between a traditional apple pie and a Dutch apple pie. Unlike traditional apple pies, which have a pie crust-based top layer, Dutch apple pies have a crumbly topping.
What is the difference between French and Dutch apple pie?
Most dutch apple pies have a crumb topping, whereas a French apple pie is typically covered in pastry dough, so what makes one different from the other?
Should you Prebake the bottom crust of an apple pie?
But prebaking your pie’s crust is the only surefire way to ensure that it will be golden brown, crisp, and delectable — just as appetizing as its filling — Yes, you heard correctly: bake the bottom crust first, then add the filling.