5 crisp apples, such as Fuji or Gala, cored, peeled, and cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices (about 2 1/2 pounds).
Here is 1 recipe(s):
Skillet Granola-Apple Crisp
We were able to keep this dish light and healthy while still providing a delicious crunchy topping for sweet spiced apples by lightly toasting a small amount of prepared granola with butter.
Total: 0 55min0
Yield: 6 servings
Nutrition Facts: calories 286, Fat 9. 5 grams, 4 grams of saturated fat, 15 milligrams of cholesterol, 47 milligrams of sodium, 50 grams of carbohydrates, 6 grams of fiber, and 3 grams of protein.
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 cups of oat granola from the grocery store, such as Bear Naked Maple Pecan
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon plus 1/4 cup sugar
- 5 crisp apples, such as Fuji or Gala, cored, peeled, and cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices (about 2 1/2 pounds).
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium ovenproof and nonreactive skillet, melt the butter over medium heat. When the sugar has dissolved and the granola is thoroughly coated, combine the granola, 1 tablespoon of flour, and 1 tablespoon of sugar. Transfer to a bowl. (Reserve the skillet. ).
- Place the apples in the skillet and sprinkle with the remaining 1/4 cup sugar, pumpkin pie spice, and lemon juice. Cook for 5 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the apples are juicy and just beginning to soften. Stir in the remaining 1 tablespoon flour. Place the skillet in the oven and sprinkle the remaining granola mixture evenly on top. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, or until the crisp is bubbling and the apples are soft. Serve warm.
Granola Apple Crisp Recipe
What is apple crisp topping made of?
Sliced apples are topped with a delectable apple crisp topping made of oats, brown sugar, cinnamon, and butter to create the ideal dessert for the beginning of fall.
Why is my apple crisp topping dry?
Use the Correct Amount of Butter If you use too little butter, your topping will turn out dry and floury. If you use too much butter, your topping will either become unappealingly soggy or a greasy blob.
How do you make apple crisp not soggy?
How do you prevent apple crisp from becoming soggy? You must remember to chill the buttery topping before adding it to the crisp. It won’t take long, just enough time for it to cook up crispy rather than soggy while you prepare the rest of the dessert.
Is Apple Betty the same as apple crisp?
The toppings differentiate apple crisp from apple Betty, despite the fact that they are similar in other ways. The ingredients butter, brown sugar, and flour give Apple Betty’s topping its crunch. Apple crisp topping, on the other hand, typically features oats.