This no-cook apple sauce competes for the top spot on my mental “easy recipes list” because I LOVE easy recipes. It almost can’t be called a recipe. The “core” of the recipe is just apples. Ha, ha. I created a humorous video (since I am not amusing, this is a step in the right direction). Anyway, to start the blender, you should have at least two apples. Blend it up and there you have it. I usually make it with just apples and cinnamon.
Depending on how many apples you are peeling, you can make this no-cook apple sauce recipe in a Vitamix or Blendtec in 5 minutes or less. However, if you don’t peel the apples, you can probably make apple sauce in under two minutes. I’ve made this recipe a few times before with the peels still on, but I actually like it better without them.
Honestly, I like cooked apple sauce better. Just keepin’ it real. But because apples are always available, I enjoy making raw apple sauce when I need to. I frequently find myself in tight spots or paint my way repeatedly into corners. This “recipe” has therefore come in handy more than once, saving me from having to run to the store in case I run out of apple sauce, need to wait for it to defrost, need baby food immediately, or have a sick child. This raw apple sauce can be made at any time. Oh yeah.
It’s worth a shot, but I don’t typically cook with apple sauce as an oil substitute, so I can’t say how it would perform in that circumstance. Let me know if you ever try it. I successfully converted a large batch of uncooked apple sauce into cooked apple butter once.
Here is 3 recipe(s):
No Cook Blender Apple Sauce
- 2 or more apples (peeled (if desired), sliced, cored)
- 1 t of water per apple (optional)
- sugar to taste (though try to avoid it, optional)
- cinnamon to taste (optional)
- Apples should resemble a sauce after being processed in a powerful blender or food processor.
- Add sugar and spice to taste, and enjoy!
No Cook Applesauce Recipe
This no-cook applesauce is made in a blender with only 5 basic ingredients. Your family will love this applesauce for a weeknight party.
Nutrition Facts: servingSize 1, calories 106. 1 Calories, Carbohydrate 28. 0 g, Cholesterol mg, Fat 0. 2 g, Fiber 3. 4 g, Protein 0. 4 g, Saturated Fat 0. 0 g, Sodium 4. 5 mg, Sugar 23. 0 g, unSaturated Fat 0. 0 g.
- 12 apples
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1½ tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- Until smooth, use a blender to combine apples, brown sugar, water, lemon juice, and cinnamon.
No-Cook Freezer Applesauce
This freezer applesauce requires no cooking at all.
Serving Size: 1 serving
Nutritional information per serving: 146 calories, 39 grams of carbohydrates, 0 milligrams of cholesterol, 1 gram of fat, 7 grams of fiber, 1 gram of protein, 0 grams of saturated fat, 1 serving, 7 milligrams of sodium, 28 grams of sugar, 0 gram of trans fat, and 0 gram of unsaturated fat.
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- About 2-1/2 pounds of 4-6 medium apples that have been cored and cut into eighths
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- Mix the lemon juice and water in a large bowl until well combined. Stir the mixture after adding the apple slices so that they are completely covered. Drain apples well.
- Add apples, cinnamon, and nutmeg to a sizable zip-top bag. Seal bag and toss to coat.
- Put the bag in the freezer for 4-6 hours, or until the apples are completely frozen. Remove from freezer and allow to defrost on kitchen counter.
- Apples should be pureed in a food processor or mashed with a potato masher once they are soft. Serve cold.
How to Make Applesauce | The Stay At Home Chef
Is Raw apple sauce good for you?
Applesauce contains antioxidants called phytochemicals. These phytochemicals may lower your risk of developing cancer, diabetes, and heart disease. Making fresh applesauce from the entire fruit, including the skin, ensures that you receive the maximum amount of antioxidants.
Is applesauce raw or cooked?
Apples are cooked in water or apple cider (fresh apple juice) to make apple sauce. A finer purée will result from apples with more acidity; the highly acidic Bramley apple produces a very fine purée. The apples may or may not be peeled.
Can you can raw applesauce?
With the right amount of acidification, canning applesauce in a waterbath canner is safe. Since different apple varieties have varying pH levels (some of which are unsafe for waterbath canning while others are), we advise adding lemon juice to every batch of applesauce to be safe.
Can you puree uncooked apples?
The apples should be roughly chopped before being added to a food processor or powerful blender. When you’ve reached the consistency you want, add the spices, Medjool dates, and maple syrup, if using.