Here is 2 recipe(s):
Spiced Apple Muffins
These nutritious apple muffins are loaded with spices and all the good stuff.
Yield: 12 muffins
Serving Size: 1 muffin
Serving size 1 muffin; calories 221, fat 9g, carbs 33g, protein 4g, saturated fat 5g, unsaturated fat 16g, sugar 2g, fiber 2g, sodium 207mg, cholesterol 37mg.
- ½ cup (8 tablespoons) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup plain low-fat yogurt or Greek yogurt
- 1 cup whole wheat flour should be measured out into a cup and leveled off with a knife’s back.
- 1 cup of all-purpose flour, measured out, and leveled off with the back of a knife
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 cups of baking apples that have been peeled, cored, and finely chopped
- 6 tablespoons dark brown sugar, packed
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. A 12-cup muffin pan should be greased with butter or nonstick cooking spray.
- Butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar should be combined and beat with an electric mixer until fluffy, about 1-2 minutes. Apply a rubber spatula to the bowl’s sides and scrape them clean.
- Add the egg and combine thoroughly, pausing if necessary to scrape the bowl.
- Beat in the yogurt. The batter will look grainy.
- The flours, baking powder, baking soda, salt, nutmeg, and cloves should all be added. Beat on low speed until just combined. The batter will be very thick.
- Add the chopped apples and mix until just combined. Do not over-mix.
- Divide the batter evenly among the prepared muffin cups using an ice-cream scooper or a large spoon. The cups should be full. Sprinkle the 6 tablespoons of brown sugar evenly over top.
- A toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin should come out clean after baking the muffins for 25 to 30 minutes.
- The muffins should be taken out of the oven, allowed to cool in the pan for five minutes, and then transferred to a rack to completely cool.
- Instructions for freezing: The muffins can be frozen for up to three months in an airtight container or plastic bag. Thaw on the counter for three to four hours before serving. Individual muffins should be wrapped in aluminum foil and heated to 350 degrees in an oven.
Apple Spice Muffins
The right response, of course, is “no,” as baking Apple Spice Muffins is the quintessential autumn activity. One of our favorite baking aromas to fill a house with is that of these muffins. The flavor is also incredible; sugar, cinnamon, and literally everything nice come together to create the muffin of your dreams. Our apple cinnamon sugar muffins are excellent for breakfast, brunch, or whenever you need a quick pick-me-up. Use us and these cinnamon apple muffins as an justification if you’re looking for a reason to go apple picking. We don’t mind and neither will your friends and family.
Serving Size: 1 Muffin
Nutritional Information per Serving: 1 Muffin, 170 calories, 28 grams of carbohydrates, 15 milligrams of cholesterol, 1 gram of fat, 1 gram of fiber, 3 grams of protein, and 0.5 milligrams of saturated fat.
- 3/4 cup fat-free (skim) milk
- 1/4 cup canola or soybean oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 2 cups Gold Medal™ all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 medium unpeeled apple, finely chopped (1 cup)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Heat oven to 400°F. 12 regular-size muffin cups should only have the bottoms greased with shortening or cooking spray, or they can be lined with paper baking cups.
- Mix milk, oil, vanilla, and egg thoroughly in a large bowl using a fork or wire whisk. The batter will be lumpy as you stir in the flour, 1/2 cup sugar, baking powder, salt, and 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon all at once. Stir in apple. Divide batter evenly among muffin cups. In small bowl, mix topping ingredients; sprinkle over batter.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown. If baked in a greased pan, remove from pan to cooling rack after about 5 minutes; if baked in paper baking cups, remove from pan to cooling rack right away. Serve warm if desired.
Apple Cinnamon Muffins Fluffy, Tender, and Totally IRRESISTIBLE!
What are morning glory muffins?
Muffins with morning glory are healthy and delicious. And they are a glorious way to begin the day, living up to their name. Whole wheat flour, carrots, apples, raisins, walnuts, orange juice, coconut, and wheat germ are used to make morning glory muffins.
Are Gala apples good for muffins?
What you’ll need to make Apple Muffins. To choose apples that are suitable for baking, consider Granny Smith, Honey Crisp, Gala, Jonagold, Jonathan, and Golden Delicious.
What temperature do you bake muffins at?
Muffins should be baked at 400° F for 15 to 17 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out mostly clean. Before transferring muffins to a cooling rack, give them five minutes to cool in the pan.
How many calories in a homemade apple muffin?
Nutrition Facts Per Serving: 220 calories; protein 4. 4g; carbohydrates 33g; dietary fiber 2. 7g; sugars 17. 1g; fat 8. 6g; saturated fat 5. 1g; cholesterol 52mg; vitamin a iu 301. 3IU; vitamin c 1. 1mg; folate 5. 6mcg; calcium 64. 2mg; iron 3mg; magnesium 4. 4mg; potassium 88. 9mg; sodium 252. 6mg; added sugar 14g.