These baked cinnamon apple slices are perfectly tender and bite-sized, with a gooey apple caramel that forms at the pan’s bottom. The options for serving this healthy dessert are endless: spoon it over ice cream, with biscuits, or even over yogurt! com, May 2021.
Here is 5 recipe(s):
Baked Cinnamon Apple Slices
These baked cinnamon apple slices are perfectly tender and bite-sized, with a gooey apple caramel that forms at the pan’s bottom. There are countless ways to serve this healthy dessert, including over yogurt, ice cream, or biscuits.
Nutritional information per serving: 187 calories, 42 grams of carbohydrates, 8 mg of cholesterol, 3 grams of fat, 4 grams of fiber, 0 grams of protein, 2 grams of saturated fat, 34 grams of sugar, 0 grams of trans fat, and 0 grams of unsaturated fat.
- Peeled, cored, and sliced into 1/4-inch-thick slices, 4 medium Honeycrisp apples
- Having 2 medium Granny Smith apples that have been cored, peeled, and sliced thinly
- ¾ cup light brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F. In a sizable bowl, combine Granny Smith apples, Honeycrisp apples, brown sugar, cornstarch, butter, lemon juice, cinnamon, and salt; stir until the apples are thoroughly coated. Place the mixture in a 9 by 13-inch baking dish, and then wrap it in foil. Bake for 45 minutes. Remove the foil and stir the mixture. For an additional 10 minutes, bake the apples, uncovered, until they are soft and caramelized. Let cool for 5 minutes before serving.
Baked Apple Slices
Easy Baked Apple Slices, a dessert, side dish, or breakfast with only 4 ingredients A delicious fall dish made with fresh apples, butter, cinnamon, and sugar and served warm and tender!
Serving Size: 1 serving
Serving Size: 1 serving, calories 146 kcal, 18 g carbohydrate, 1 g protein, 9 g fat, 5 g saturated fat, 23 mg cholesterol, 77 mg sodium, 2 g fiber, and 15 g sugar.
- 3 apples (sliced)
- 6 tablespoons butter (melted)
- ⅓ cup white granulated sugar (white granulated)
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon (ground)
- sea salt (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Butter, cinnamon, and sugar are mixed in a small baking dish with the apples.
- Bake 25 minutes, or until tender.
Baked Apple Slices
Warm baked apple slices with honey and cinnamon. The best healthy, simple apple dessert that tastes just like apple pie without all the work of making a crust.
Serving Size: 1 (of 6)
Serving Size 1 (of 6), 158 kcal, 30 g carbohydrate, 1 g protein, 4 g fat, 2 g saturated fat, 10 mg cholesterol, 3 g fiber, and 24 g sugar are the nutritional stats.
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter or coconut oil
- 4 medium apples
- 1/4 cup honey or pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons bourbon or water
- Ice cream or whipped cream (optional for serving)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Heat the butter in the microwave until it melts in a very large mixing bowl that is microwave-safe. If your bowl isn’t microwave-safe, melt the butter in a smaller bowl that is and then pour it into the bigger bowl after it has cooled.
- Add the apple slices, honey, cornstarch, cinnamon, allspice, salt, and bourbon to the mixing bowl. Stir to coat.
- Place the mixture in a deep 9×9 baking dish or other dish of comparable size. Any liquid that has accumulated in the bowl’s bottom should be poured on top.
- 25 minutes of baking the apples is sufficient to make them fork-tender but not mushy.
- Serve hot, topped with desired amount of whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.
Baked Apple Slices (No Added Sugar)
One of my favorite afternoon snacks are slices of delectably fragrant baked apples. I like to serve them with creamy Greek yogurt.
Serving Size: 0.5 recipe
Nutritional Information: Serving Size 0; calories 109 kcal; carbohydrate 16 g; fat 6 g; saturated fat 4 g; sodium 1 mg. 5 recipe.
- 1 large Fuji apple (unpeeled)
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter (melted)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon (divided)
- Heat your oven to 400 degrees F. Use parchment paper that is highly heat-resistant to line an 8-inch square baking pan with a rim.
- As seen in the video below, slice the apple into 12 1/4-inch slices and throw away the core.
- Place the apple slices in the prepared pan. Use your hands to coat them with the melted butter after drizzling it over them. Arrange them in the pan in a single layer.
- Sprinkle the tops of the slices with half the cinnamon. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Turn the apple pieces to the other side. Sprinkle them with the remaining cinnamon. Continue baking them for another 10 minutes or until they are golden brown and tender. Drizzle with the pan juices and serve.
Easy Baked Apple Slices
- 1 apple, (sliced + cored)
- 1 tbs unsalted butter or coconut oil, (melted)
- cinnamon (to taste)
- Preheat your oven to 400 F. Line a small baking sheet w parchment paper.
- On the baking sheet, arrange your apple slices and drizzle or brush them with the melted butter. Use your hands to get them coated all over. Sprinkle with cinnamon and bake for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and flip each slice over. Continue baking for an additional 5-7 minutes, then sprinkle cinnamon over this side.
- Some of us love this with a nice scoop of vanilla ice cream, so transfer to your plate and enjoy!
How to Make Easy Baked Apple Slices for Breakfast, Dessert or a Side Dish
How long does apple take to soften in the oven?
How Long to Bake Apple Slices in the Oven. If you don’t have a microwave, combine the apples with the sugar and cinnamon in a baking dish, add the water, cover the dish with foil, and bake the mixture at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 20 minutes, or until the apples are tender.
What can I add to apple slices?
- Sharp Cheddar Cheese. Apple slice with cheddar cheese.
- Almond Butter + Orange Marmalade. …
- Plain Yogurt + Honey + Cinnamon. …
- Cream Cheese + Sweet Pickle Relish. …
- Ricotta + Lemon Zest + Chopped Pistachios. …
- Balsamic Vinegar + Brown Sugar + Ground Pepper. …
- Berry Vinaigrette + Walnuts. …
- Arugula + Bacon.
What to soak apples in before baking?
- Mix ½ teaspoon honey with 1 cup water. Add apple slices and soak for five minutes.
- Soak apple slices in lemon-lime soda for five minutes. …
- Apple slices should be soaked for five minutes in a cup of water with a tablespoon of lemon juice added.
How do you prepare apples for baking?
- Wash and peel your apples. …
- Use a vegetable peeler, instead of a knife. …
- Cut peeled apples into fourths to easily remove the core.
- To prevent browning, toss cut pieces with water and lemon juice.