Any takers on the origin of this fruit salad recipe? It frequently earns a “spot” among the delicious desserts at our Ukrainian church potlucks.
This fruit salad is very popular and usually sold out. You can “plant” any of your favorite fruits in this, and did I mention that it’s simple? Fruit that can be combined with either fresh or frozen fruit is “perfect” for any season. Apples, bananas, grapes, and other “cheaper fruit” work best to “bulk up” the finished product. ).
The recipe is simple to multiply by two or three for a “party” (even though all that happens is that it ends up in your fridge). I apologize if my ridiculous quotes “got to you,” but I couldn’t help it.
Here is 3 recipe(s):
Quick and Easy Fruit Salad
- 1 Cup of Strawberries
- 1 cup of raspberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1 cup of grapes
- 1 cup of diced apples
- 1 cup of sliced bananas
- 1/2 cup of yogurt (strawberry or vanilla)
- 1/2 cup of cool whip (or whip your own cream)
- Place all of the prepared fruit in a medium bowl.
- Stir in Yogurt and Cool Whip.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate before serving.
The dressing on this Fruit Salad is to die for.
Yield: 8 – 10 serving(s)
- 1/4 c. honey
- 1/4 c. freshly squeezed orange juice
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 lb. strawberries, hulled and quartered
- 6 oz. blueberries
- 6 oz. raspberries
- 3 kiwis, peeled and sliced
- 1 orange, peeled and wedges cut in half
- 2 apples, peeled and chopped
- 1 mango, peeled and chopped
- 2 c. grapes
- Mix honey, orange juice, and lemon zest in a small bowl. Toss gently to combine after adding fruit and dressing to a large bowl. Chill until ready to serve.
Quick Ambrosia Fruit Salad
I start with a lot of fruit, dress it with yogurt, and then add just the right amount of marshmallows and coconut to make it taste like the fruity, creamy version I remember from my childhood. It’s a well-loved recipe in my home now. —Trisha Kruse, Eagle, Idaho.
Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Information: 191 calories, 4g of fat (3g saturated), 2mg of cholesterol, 48mg of sodium, 40g of carbohydrates (34g sugars), 2g of fiber, and 3g of protein.
- 1 can (8-1/4 ounces) fruit cocktail, drained
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened pineapple chunks, drained
- 1 cup green grapes
- 1 cup seedless red grapes
- 1 cup miniature marshmallows
- 1 medium banana, sliced
- 3/4 cup vanilla yogurt
- 1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut
In a large bowl, combine all ingredients. Chill until serving.
HOW TO MAKE THE BEST FRUIT SALAD | easy recipe
How to make a simple fruit salad?
- 1 Cup of Strawberries.
- 1 cup of raspberries, fresh or frozen.
- 1 cup of grapes.
- 1 cup of diced apples.
- 1 cup of sliced bananas.
- 1/2 cup of yogurt, strawberry or vanilla.
- 1/2 cup of cool whip, or whip your own cream.
What fruits should not be mixed in fruit salad?
3. Avoid mixing acidic fruits with sweet fruits. Never mix sweet fruits like bananas and raisins with acidic and subacidic fruits like grapefruits, strawberries, apples, pomegranates, and peaches.
What are the things to make fruit salad?
- 1 lb. strawberries, hulled and quartered.
- 6 oz. blueberries.
- 6 oz. raspberries.
- kiwis, peeled and sliced.
- orange, peeled and wedges cut in half.
- apples, peeled and chopped.
- mango, peeled and chopped.
- 2 c. grapes.
What fruits can you put together in a fruit bowl?
- Red apples.
- Mandarin Oranges.