I’m kind of obsessed with chicken salad lately. It’s quick and simple to make, incredibly filling, and the ideal cold meal for the summer heat. This chicken salad with apples is one of my favorites because it includes sweet and crunchy apples, tart-sweet dried cranberries, and a straightforward homemade dressing with a yogurt-based flavor profile. And as always, there are many ways to modify this recipe by adding or replacing certain ingredients. So keep reading for ideas!.
Here is 2 recipe(s):
Chicken Salad with Apples
This chicken salad is loaded with tart dried cranberries, sweet and crunchy apples, and a homemade dressing that is light and creamy.
Serving Size: 1 Serving
Serving Size 1 Serving, 367 kcal, 15 g of carbohydrates, 34 g of protein, 19 g of fat, 2 g of fiber, and 395 mg of sodium.
- 3 cups chopped cooked chicken ($7.97)
- 1 apple (1.5 cups chopped) ($0.76)
- 1/4 cup diced red onion ($0.20)
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries ($0.22)
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise ($0.53)
- 1/3 cup plain yogurt ($0.35)
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard ($0.18)
- 1 Tbsp red wine vinegar ($0.10)
- 1/4 tsp salt ($0.02)
- 1/4 tsp freshly cracked black pepper ($0.02)
- Chop the cooked chicken and the apple into small pieces. Finely dice the red onion.
- In a large bowl, combine the chicken, apple, onion, and dried cranberries.
- In a bowl, mix the yogurt, mayonnaise, Dijon, red wine vinegar, salt, and pepper. Stir until smooth.
- Mix the salad ingredients in the bowl with the dressing to evenly distribute it. Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to eat.
Chicken & Apple Salad with Greens
When my mother made it for lunch on weekends when we were home from school and could have something other than “brown bag” lunches, that is when I have the fondest memories of eating it. This salad is even more special because of nostalgic late-summer days and happy childhood memories. —Trisha Kruse, Eagle, Idaho.
Yield: 6 servings.
306 calories, 19g of fat (3g saturated), 42mg of cholesterol, 549mg of sodium, 20g of sugars, 4g of fiber, and 17g of protein make up the nutritional facts.
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 2 medium apples, chopped
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 10 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
In a large bowl, whisk the vinaigrette ingredients until blended. Add chicken, apples and onion; toss to coat. Place the greens on a big serving plate just before serving, then top with the chicken mixture. Sprinkle with walnuts.
Chicken Apple Salad Recipe | Apple Chicken Salad Recipe | Food Planet By Mahreen
How do you keep apples from turning brown in chicken salad?
Adding lemon juice to apples is the best way to keep them from turning stale. I advise spritzing the apple slices with a little lemon juice before adding them to your salad if you plan to store this chicken salad for later.
Is chicken and salad good for weight loss?
Eating excessive amounts of food, even hearty and healthy ones, prevents you from losing weight. One of the lower-fat foods is chicken, and its proteins help people feel fuller longer. The other component, salad, has low-calorie vegetables and could assist in controlling your appetite.
What is the secret to making a good salad?
- Be gentle with lettuce. Balsamic dressing. …
- Serve up perfect avocado. The only way to prevent an avocado from turning stale in a salad is to peel and chop it just before serving, not with lemon juice or cold water.
- Say goodbye to onion tears. …
- Adore your dressing. …
- Sprinkle in some protein.
How do you make Gordon Ramsay’s salad?
Initially an apple-celery-mayo salad, the Waldorf salad was first served on March 14, 1893, at a charity ball honoring St. Mary’s Hospital for Children. Its opening coincided with the Waldorf hotel’s, which had just opened the day before. The charity ball was the hotel’s very first occasion.