Thank you for visiting My Food and Family. We constantly look for ways to make your website experience better. Please spend a moment responding to this survey with your thoughts.
Here is 2 recipe(s):
Banana Bread with Applesauce
Our recipe for Banana Bread with Applesauce adds a little something extra to a traditional favorite and is guaranteed to be extra moist for your enjoyment.
Yield: 16 servings
Nutrition Facts: calories 170, Fat 3. 5 g, 0 g of saturated fat, 0 g of trans fat, 25 mg of cholesterol, 150 mg of sodium, 1 g of fiber, 0 g of sugar, and 3 g of protein.
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup mashed fully ripe bananas (about 3)
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Mix eggs and bananas in large bowl until blended. Add sugars and applesauce; mix well. Add flour mixture; stir just until moistened. Stir in nuts.
- Pour into greased and floured 9×5-inch loaf pan.
- Bake for one hour, or until a toothpick inserted close to the center emerges clean. Cool 10 min. Remove bread from pan to wire rack; cool completely.
Healthy Banana Bread with Applesauce
The ideal breakfast or snack is moist, healthy banana bread with applesauce, which is incredibly simple to prepare in one bowl. It’s delicious and full of sweet banana flavor!.
Serving Size: 1 slice
Serving Size: 1 slice; Calories 206; Sugar 14; Sodium 296; Fat 4; Saturated Fat 3; Carbohydrate 39; Fiber 4; Protein 5; Cholesterol 33; Serving Size: 1 slice;
- 4 medium very ripe bananas (1 1/2 cups mashed)
- 2 eggs (large)
- 1/2 cup applesauce or Greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup maple syrup or honey
- 2 tbsp avocado or coconut oil (melted)
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 1/4 cups whole wheat flour or spelt flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 9 x 5 loaf pan with unbleached parchment paper. Bananas should be mashed with a fork or a masher in a big bowl.
- Using a masher, combine the eggs, applesauce, maple syrup, oil, vanilla, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Add flour and stir gently just enough to mix.
- Fill prepared loaf pan with batter, and bake for 50–60 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for 15 minutes. Then transfer to a cooling rack to cool off completely. Cut into 10 slices and enjoy.
Healthy Banana Bread Recipe made w/ Applesauce | Quick & Easy
Can I substitute applesauce for bananas in banana bread?
Applesauce is a great substitute for banana bread. It’s naturally sweet and something most people have on hand. For each banana, substitute half a cup of unsweetened applesauce. This will help keep your bread moist and delicious.
How much applesauce to replace 1 banana?
You can substitute 1/2 cup of applesauce for 1 banana, but don’t use more than 1 cup in a recipe (it will be too wet and dense and cook unevenly).
How does Paula Deen make banana bread?
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix dry ingredients.
- Mix butter, bananas & eggs.
- Mix dry ingredients into banana mix and stir in nuts.
- Bake 40-45 minutes.
How does Joanna Gaines make banana bread?
- 1 cup sugar.
- 1 stick butter, softened.
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract.
- 2 eggs.
- 4 very ripe bananas, mashed.
- 2 cups flour.
- 1 teaspoon baking soda.
- 1/2 teaspoon salt.