Here is 1 recipe(s):
Apple Pie Dumplings Recipe by Tasty
Granny Smith apples, lemon juice, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, ground cloves, chilled pie crusts, egg wash, sparkling sugar, and caramel sauce are the ingredients you’ll need.
Yield: 14 servings
Nutritional Information: 152 calories, 21 grams of carbohydrate, 7 grams of fat, 1 gram of fiber, 1 gram of protein, and 6 grams of sugar.
- 2 granny smith apples, peeled and cut into wedges
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 pinch ground cloves
- 2 refrigerated pie crusts, at room temperature
- egg wash
- sparkling sugar
- caramel sauce, to serve
- Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C).
- In a large bowl, combine apple wedges and lemon juice.
- Combine sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves in a small bowl. Sprinkle over apple wedges and toss until fully coated.
- Lightly flour a work surface and unroll the pie crusts. Cut out discs with a round 4-inch (10-cm) cookie cutter. Arrange discs on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
- Place an apple wedge on one half of each disc. Cut circles into the other half with a round piping tip. Lightly moisten the edges with water with your finger. Fold over and seal. Crimp edges with a fork.
- Shaped dumplings’ tops should be egg-washed and dusted with sparkling sugar.
- Bake for 10 minutes, or until golden in color.
- Cool completely.
- Serve with caramel dipping sauce.
2 Ingredient Apple Pie Dumplings
What are apple dumplings made of?
Peeling and coring whole apples, stuffing them with butter, sugar, and spices, and encasing them in pie dough before baking them in a delicious syrup are the steps for making these nostalgic dumplings. You get the ideal blend of cooked apple, buttery pie crust, and luscious syrup when you cut into the baked dumplings.
How long do apple dumplings last in the fridge?
Apple dumplings can be kept at room temperature, covered, for up to 2 days, but refrigeration can keep them fresher for longer. Keep chilled for 4-5 days by storing in an airtight container.
Should I cook apples before putting in pie?
Just keep in mind that precooking the apples is the key to a fantastic apple pie filling. This will ensure perfect consistency and balanced sweetness. Additionally, you won’t allow the crust and filling to separate.
What is the origin of apple dumplings?
Apple dumplings are thought to have their origins in Pennsylvania’s northeastern region of the United States. It is frequently consumed as a breakfast food and is frequently found among the delectable Amish recipes. They are however frequently consumed as a dessert and occasionally served with ice cream.