Here is 1 recipe(s):
Use a tart apple variety like Granny Smith or Pink Lady to balance the sweetness of the frozen berries and honey. Try Gala or Fuji, though, if you prefer a sweet apple as the main ingredient.
Yield: Makes 4 servings
- 1 cup orange juice
- Peels of 4 large apples
- 1 ½ cups frozen mixed berries
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Blend orange juice and apple peels for 30 seconds, or until they are completely smooth. Add frozen mixed berries and honey. Process 15 seconds.
3 INGREDIENT APPLE & BLUEBERRY SMOOTHIE RECIPE
What should you not mix in a smoothie?
6 Things You Should Never Add To Your Smoothie
- Fat-free flavored yogurt.
- Fruit juice.
- Ice cream, frozen yogurt, or sherbet.
- Too much of a good thing.
- Added sweeteners.
- Canned fruit.
What is the healthiest fruit to put in a smoothie?
Best Fruits for Smoothies
- Berries (strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, blackberries)
What is the best fruit to blend together?
So go ahead, mix it up and enjoy!
- Starfruit and strawberries. …
- Avocado and papaya. …
- Bittergourd, apple and lemon. …
- Cucumber, kale and pear. …
- Avocado, celery, cucumber and lemon. …
- Mango, cherry and dragonfruit. …
- Sugarcane and carrot. …
- Papaya, pineapple and lemon.
What does Berry Smoothie do to your body?
Berries may improve your blood sugar and insulin levels. They may help increase insulin sensitivity, decrease blood sugar and insulin response to high-carb meals, and protect your cells from high blood sugar levels, according to test-tube and human studies (10, 11, 12, 13).